- [SAuth] Huffstutter Family, Connie Daniels Graves, (www.thehuffstutterfamily.com), 2013.
- [S86] Cox Family Info 1, Ann Grubb, (4 Dec 2003 http://worldconnect.rootsweb.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?op=GET&db=vjlizzie&id=I22007).
- [S50] 1830 Census, Montgomery Co., KY, p 45 (Reliability: 3).
Head of Household Philip Cox, age 50-60.
- [S51] 1900 Census, Boone Co., IN (Reliability: 3).
John E. Cox, age 81 years, b June 19, married 45 years.
John E. Cox reported that his father was born PA and his mother VA.
- [S12] 1880 Census, KY and IN (Reliability: 3).
In the 1880 census Philip and Peggy's children said their parents were born:
Nancy Ann KY/KY
- [S6] Deed: Assorted, Bourbon Co., KY Deed Book M, p 245-246 (Reliability: 3).
Dated Nov 8, 1816. This was the first purchase of property made by Philip Cox. Jno Booth sold the land located on Rockbridge Creek which was a portion of a 1700 acres patented to William Cave.
- [S6] Deed: Assorted, Bourbon Co., KY Deed Book R, p 261, 262 (Reliability: 3).
- [S52] Probate Records, Bourbon Co., KY Will Book D, page 181 (Reliability: 3).
Will of WILLIAM CONGLETON: Wife, Jean; son, John; son, James; son, William; daughter, Agness, wife of Bennet Roberts; daughter Jean, wife of James Brown; daughter, Mary, wife of John Scott. Executrix: wife and daughter, Elizabeth Congleton. Written June 20, 1804. Proved July, 1811. Witnesses-Patrick Scott, Philip Cox
- [S6] Deed: Assorted, Bourbon Co., KY Deed Book S, p 149, 150 (Reliability: 3).
- [S6] Deed: Assorted, Montgomery Co., KY Deed Book 12, p 45, 46 (Reliability: 3).
- [S53] Will: Assorted, Will Book D, p 430 dated 22 May 1834, proven July Court 18 34 (Reliability: 3).
- [S8] Cox Family Bible, Phyllis Paetzmann, (Ms. Paetzmann owns the Cox Family Bible, pub. about 1805. There are notations in Bible that provide extra family information. She has also researched census records, court records, property transactions, marriage records and Lewis Cox's death certificate.
- [S6] Deed: Assorted, Montgomery Co., KY Deed Book 18, p 206,207 (Reliability: 3).
- [S21] Marriage Record, Marriage Bond, April 7, 1807, Bourbon Co., KY (Reliability: 3).
- [S21] Marriage Record, Bourbon Co., KY Marriage Book 2, p 29 (Reliability: 3).